Jobs at Neighborland
Neighborland is a platform for residents to connect, share insights, and take action in their neighborhoods. We are changing the relationship between residents and their cities by simplifying collaboration, participation, and engagement. People know what their neighborhood needs, and businesses and placemakers need this intelligence from the street. Our goal is to help residents shape the development of their neighborhoods.
We’re based in SF at the Hattery in South Park. You can find out more about our team and company history on Angelist.
Our community management team builds and strengthens meaningful relationships with our members and partners, both on social media channels and through local events. We’re looking for people devoted to the cultural and economic development of their cities. You are:
a listener. You develop strong ties with our neighbors, discovering their interests and helping them use the tool for their needs. You guide conversations on our platform and other media channels on a daily basis.
a creator. You write valuable content for our blog, and manage our brand on other social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
a neighbor. You are a respected resource for neighbors to better understand their cities, and how to get things done. You will identify existing resources, community groups, and leaders that neighbors should be aware of.
a catalyst. You conceptualize, plan, and execute local public art and tactical urbanist events to build awareness and adoption of our platform.
a coordinator. You choose the right stakeholders and decision makers to participate on the platform, and you manage these relationships. You also field and pursue press stories.
• Blogging and CMS experience (WordPress)
• Proven results managing communities on Facebook and Twitter
• Experience with email marketing software
• Experience with social media monitoring tools
• Lightweight graphic design and front end development skills a plus
• Familiarity with Basecamp project management
• 1+ years of social media management experience
• Proven experience with civic engagement and community organizing
• Lives and breathes all things social media
This is a full-time position based in SF. Compensation based on experience. Interested? Send us an email about yourself and include relevant links.
Front End Engineer
• 3+ years consumer web development experience
• Responsive front-end development in a Ruby/Rails environment
• iOS and RubyMotion experience a plus
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science preferred
• Genuinely nice person
Competitive salary, generous equity package, a nice workstation, and free lunch. If you would like to work with us, let us know why.