What is Neighborland?
Neighborland empowers people to take action on local issues. It’s a new way for people to share insights, identify resources, and connect with decision makers to make great ideas happen. We are providing neighborhood organizations, economic development groups, and municipalities with a powerfully simple platform to engage with people both online and on the street.
How does it work for residents?
1. Share ideas
Organizations ask questions that neighbors answer. What do you want in your neighborhood? Write a short description and upload a video or image to pitch your idea. We give you a free and open way to share ideas that matter to you.
2. Gather support
Our community is made up of passionate people in cities all across the America. We provide tools to help you find supporters and invite stakeholders in your city. Want to spread the word even more? We also make it easy to share updates on your Facebook and Twitter profiles.
3. Take action
Action matters. We believe in experiential learning, or learning by doing. Neighborland enables likeminded people to make things happen through fundraisers, petitions, events and other actions.
How does Neighborland work for organizations?
Neighborland is a platform that enables organizations to collaborate effectively with residents. We provide a set of human-centered design tools to engage residents in public space and at community events. We also provide a responsive, web-based software application to engage residents online and document your Project. Our goal is to improve the way residents, municipal leaders, and local organizations collaborate during a participatory planning process.
Neighborland enables your team to:
– Facilitate a place-based dialogue both online and at workshops and events in public space
– Collect ideas with SMS and/or Twitter and upload handwritten data to your project
– Map resident ideas, insights, and solutions to a specific location and categorize them by topic – Moderate dialogue and participation with in-page messaging and administration tools
– Publish pages of content that explain your project’s goals, time frame, and outcomes
– Activate participants at key inflection points with email notifications
– Theme question and idea pages with your visual identity
– Measure the effectiveness of your project with an internal analytics dashboard and integrated Google Analytics tracking
– Meet ADA and W3C requirements